Thursday, October 24, 2013

JOURDAN'S HATE STORY

Mahatma Gandhi said, "Be the change that you wish to see in the world." 

I always found my Native American background a unique part of myself. Yes, there were plenty of times where I experienced hate when I traveled with my family and friends. Since I'm a Native American female of Navajo descendant I had to be extra careful of where I went and what I do. Despite the misrepresentation of my culture, my family and I tried our best to bring awareness everywhere we went. It could be in line at the grocery store or shopping at a mall in California. Since I'm part of an underrepresented group, I take advantage of all the educational opportunities that will benefit myself, my family, and my Navajo culture. Hate exists everywhere and the best we can do to eliminate it is to change it ourselves. Be the advocate for others and yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment