Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH HATE by Stacey Heaton

The most profound memory of hate that I have experienced was when I was 28 years old. I was severely bullied by my boyfriend. Of course in the beginning of our relationship I thought that he was the sweetest, most heart-felt guy. But after just a few short months, his deceiving sweetness turned into pure evil hate.

I thought this guy really loved me-well at least he said he loved me. But he expressed his love in the most hateful ways. He became extremely jealous of my friends and family. For example, if I would spend time with my friends he would constantly call and text me, so much to the point that I couldn’t enjoy myself and had to go home right away to avoid further accusations. When I did get home, he would accuse me of hooking up with guys and start huge fights with me about it. He called me names like ‘whore’ and ‘slut’ and completely manipulated the situation to where I would feel bad for hanging out with my friends. I ended up feeling like I was in the wrong and apologizing to him for my “actions”. The same type of stuff would happen when I would hang out with my family. He would express jealousy and began to isolate me from my family by planting ideas into my head like, “My family belittles me all the time” and “Your cousins are a really bad influence on you”. My ex-boyfriend bullied me so much through manipulation that I began to believe his lies and fell into a deep depression.


After about a year of living in this hell, this relationship came to a screeching halt one day when my ex got arrested. Come to find out, he had a warrant issued for his arrest for possession and distribution of a controlled substance and a violent crime against a police officer. He was arrested and sentenced to seven years in prison. Luckily for me, this ended our relationship and I was able to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment